Tuesday, 19 July 2016

Summer Reading

I'm looking for inspiration. I'm after my next read and I'm not quite sure what it should be.

After finishing my last book, a pretty average novel called A Year Of Being Single,

I was on the look out for something to really get my teeth into.

I read through all the samples that had been sitting on my Kindle for ages (neglected because I had a lot writing and writing jobs on the go) and ended up deleting most of them. On a second look at the descriptions, I wasn't convinced I'd like them after all.

Waiting to be read on my Kindle I have a mixture of literary fiction, thrillers, women's fiction, romantic comedies and books that tell me how to market my own books on Amazon. A word of warning, I've never bought a single book from Amazon that ever helped me crack the world of book marketing so for now I'm sticking to fiction!

So what will it be? In contention there is:

Jill Mansell - You And Me, Always

Laura Barnett - The Versions of Us

and Amulya Malladi - A House For Happy Mothers

If you've read any of these, please let me know. I've got a long train journey ahead this weekend and that just calls for a good read doesn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment