Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Now That I've Written My Second Book...

What Next?

On the subject of my second novel, When Skies Are Grey, I thought I'd finished writing it last year. But after sending it out to a bunch of agents and having a few beta readers on board, it didn't look like it really was - it needed more.  I wasn't discouraged, I still have a lot of faith in the story so I went in for another re-draft. And I really think I've nailed it this time *she says with fingers crossed and a furrowed brow*

I haven't drafted up another list of agents quite yet. Firstly I've entered my novel into a competition and now it's a waiting game to see how I fair.

And while I know there are probably a few billion other writers hoping for some good news on the competition front, it doesn't hurt to hopeful.
I'll eventually get round to drawing up a fresh list of agents but, in the meantime, I'll keep on writing and keep on thinking up ways to market my book.

What do you do in between writing projects? Do you take a break or get straight into drafting your next book? Do you feel drained after you've written those two magic words THE END?

7 comments:

  1. That's great news, Fran! Wishing you all the best with the competitions and getting the agent you want :) You deserve the success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Nicola - here's hoping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always writing, but if my agent is loaded down with stuff and I'm waiting, yeah, that can suck. I wrote a YA book once in between and when I sent it, she said she couldn't sell it, so it was wasted time. But I guess no writing is wasted, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could self-pub under another name? Or self-pub in your own name, a lot of authors are going hybrid these days.

      Delete
  4. I always have more ideas than time in which to write them so usually I jump right in to the next project. Lately I'm trying to learn more about social media so that takes up a lot time. Good luck with your latest book!!!

    @Kathleen01930 Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen. Don't get me started on the social media thing - many a good writing hour has been spent trying to get to grips with on easpect only to find that everyone has moved on to something new!

      Delete
    2. That makes me crazy. I just unraveled Twitter and now I'm told I need to be on Pinterest.

      Delete