Tuesday, 26 April 2016

A - Z Challenge [2016]

My Theme: Tips and Inspirational Quotes for Writers

 

V for Voice

The writer's voice is what makes a piece of writing distinct, gives it personality and style, or a particular tone or point of view. Some naturally have one that just comes out on the page, some of us have to develop it over time. Whatever the case, make sure you have your voice for a particular piece of creative writing. The cool thing about voice is that you can adapt it for the piece or you can use it as your brand as a writer.

This is a book I found really useful when developing my writer's voice:

Try it and see what you think!
 

6 comments:

  1. For me, voice is the most intriguing aspect of writing.
    Ah, that book sounds fabulous. But it's only in paperback...no e-book. Maybe I can order it via our Bargain Bookstore.
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read and judging the book by its cover, it must be a fun approach :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think voice is all important. If I don't like the writer's voice I'll have a hard time staying interested for long.

    @Kathleen01930
    Meet My Imaginary Friends
    #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another excellent book on Writer's Voice is Finding Your Writer's Voice by Dorothy Walls and Thaisa Frank. I highly recommend it.

    Visiting from the A to Z Blog Challenge.

    Shalom,
    Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that I have a different voice for each of the different genres I write in.
    Carol at My Writer's Journal

    ReplyDelete
  6. The voice of a piece can drag you in or throw you out - so important. Thanks for the book rec.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete