Wednesday, 13 April 2016

A - Z Challenge [2016]

My Theme: Tips and Inspirational Quotes for Writers


K for Keep in Touch

Writing is by nature a lonely pursuit, but only in that it's just you and your notebook or laptop. But when you raise your fingers off the keys or give your pen a rest, remember that there are hundreds of writing networks close to your home that you should be getting involved with.

Go to writing workshops, festivals, talks and events whenever you can. There is nothing like building or being part of an author community for support, feedback, advice and more. If you live in some remote town where no one owns a pen let alone writes, even for fun, then try the internet for writing communities. Here are a few to get you started:
 Join in! 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips, Fran. I'm very cut off from the world and it does get lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People say writing is a lonely business but when all is going well I am so involved with my characters that I don't have much room for anything else.

    Meet My Imaginary Friends
    #AtoZchallenge http://www.kathleenvalentineblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. support groups definitely make things so much better.

    Joy @ The Joyous Living

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why I am so glad I first started sharing my writing in fandom, because it is such a community. It is always so good to know that parts of the original writing world are just the same.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete