Thursday, 1 October 2015

Black History Month Ocotber 2015

This year my local library have invited me to talk about my first novel, Holding Paradise as part of Black History Month.

I didn't hesitate, I jumped at the chance. Not only because I'm black and slightly historical, but because I get to talk about the stories and history that influenced me to write the novel in the first place.
Since the novel's publication in 2014, I've started many writing projects. I am a ghost writer now, I write under a pseudonym and I embarked on a joint writing venture. All very exciting stuff that keeps me busy. But Holding Paradise was where it all started and it's nice to take a trip down memory lane.

After finishing the novel and long before the publishing deal came along, I was still being visited by scenes and people from the book. I couldn't get the characters and settings of Holding Paradise out of my mind and had to go in and do a follow up. It came in the form of a short story collection called: The Long Way Home. 


I'll be discussing both books, doing a couple of readings and answering questions. So, if you're anywhere near Isleworth on Thursday 15th October I'd love to meet you at this free event.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Fran! Post photos of the reading - would love to see how things went since I can't be there. A trip from the US is more than a notion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna! I will try to take some pictures :)

    ReplyDelete