Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Y for Year

English: Stack of books in Gould's Book Arcade...
It took me a year to write When Skies Are Grey, my theme for the A to Z Challenge. But way after the challenge is over I suspect I'll still be editing and proof reading the manuscript before it is finally ready.

Some writers can churn out two books a year. My first novel took five!

Are you a fast writer?
Do you give yourself a certain number of words per day to complete?
Or - do you just go for it?

What's your process for getting a novel written and finished?

6 comments:

  1. It's about the end product and you journey too. Dropping in from the A to Z and a link on Diane Coto's blog FictionZeal.com

    @rosieamber1
    Rosie Amber - Book reviewer. Campaigning to link more readers to writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Rosie. It's important that we enjoy the journey, otherwise - what's the point, right?

      Delete
  2. For me from the moment I started writing my first book to the day it was published took me a year, too. My second book looks like it's going to take longer. I've got too much on my plate! I've decided my writing career is a journey, not a race. Looking forward to reading When Skies Are Grey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose each book will take us on a different journey. I guess a book just takes as long as it takes. I'll keep you posted about WSAG. Just got an email from LULU to say my short story collection proof has been shipped!

      Delete
  3. Hi there - At this point, I'm only a wanne be writer. :)
    BTW, I gave a shout out to your blog on my a to z post this morning.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Diane. I'll check it out. Just one day to go - where has the time gone?

      Delete