Monday, 9 March 2015

The Waiting Game

I  made lots of declarations about my writing life and what I hoped would happen in 2015. I have listened to advice about my plans and been persuaded to rearrange some of them. I say rearrange because I still intend to carry them all out, I just needed to jiggle them round a bit.

I call this next round of my writing life, The Waiting Game.

It's the part where I start sending off submissions to literary agents and waiting to hear back. Waiting periods are anything from two weeks to six months, according to some of them. Some don't even say how long it will take for them to respond and I know that most will not respond at all.

But I do not intend to sit and twiddle my thumbs as these submissions go out. Apart from doing the obvious, that's writing of course, I will fill my days with other challenges, delights and pursuits like:

1. Brushing up on my dance skills
(I wish)

2. Learning a foreign language:
3. Staying healthy:
(yeah right)

4. Read lots:
5.Improve my culinary skills: 
5. Find my inner self:

And then come back to waiting until someone out there wants to represent me!

I'll keep you posted folks.

3 comments:

  1. That's the spirit. I like your spunk and attitude. Don't give up, Fran.....you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I won't give up but I realise that having an agent isn't the be all and end all of my career as a writer. Looking forward to my next publication day!

      Delete
    2. I like the reading more and the eating bitsbest. Sounds like you're going to be busy in 2015. Good luck, hope you don't have to wait too long.

      Delete