Thursday, 20 November 2014

The Graduate!

English: Dustin Hoffman during filming of the ...
Warning! This post has nothing to do with Dustin Hoffman.

In fact it's a bit of a 'me, me, me' post today.

It's my birthday today and I received a fabulous present... my University marks came out and I discovered that I was awarded a Creative Writing MA with Distinction.

Dustin was nominated for an Oscar and a Golden Globe Award for The Graduate and won a BAFTA but, as awards go, it really feels like my distinction tops all of those.

And so I didn't get to wear beautiful, long dress or walk along a red carpet - I had to make do with leggings and walking on air- and I truly am.

So here endeth the 'me, me, me,' moment - well on this blog anyway! I have a feeling I'll be walking on air for quite some time to come.

Now to work on that speech...

8 comments:

  1. Many MANY congratulations Fran!!! So well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I'm feeling very proud and still pinching myself!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Congratulations, Fran! Sounds as if you were surprised, too. Savor. Relish. Celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Myrna - I certainly will be doing all of the above!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, it makes all the hard work you did worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly does - and it was hard work!

      Delete
  5. Many congratulations, Fran. Wonderful news. Soak up all the "me, me, me" until your fingers get all pruney. Well done!

    ReplyDelete