Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Editing Your Novel

With the first draft of my second novel, When Skies Are Grey, finally completed, I've been patting myself on the back but have decided to set it aside for a short while.

Next will come the long job of further drafts to get it into shape before submitting to literary agents - another long job in itself.

But, for anyone at this stage of the writing process, be it 1st or 2nd draft, here are a couple of books I've read that I think would be useful to you.

The first is a book by John Mullan called How Novels Work this link is to an updated version of the one I read so there might be more handy hints in it than the 2006 version. Well worth a look for any novelist.

The second is by Renni Browne and David King, called Self-Editing For Fiction Writers
Again, lots of really useful advice
Happy Writing Folks

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info. Currently 'editing' my second draft. Apart from using my former teaching skills and a bit of common sense I'm flying blind :) Will definitely have a looksey at those above.

    ReplyDelete