Monday, 3 November 2014

Book Signing

Each time I sign my book I get a mixture of feelings all at the same time, ranging from pride, embarrassment, fear, amazement, self-belief, self-doubt, a need to lie down, joy, alcohol cravings and realisation - yes, I really am a writer.

I joined the line up for this amazing event today called House Of Arts at Boston Manor House

There was also African music by Steven Kasamba and a photography exhibition and talk by James Barnor.

A few book signing pics, just so I can re-live all of the above feelings and maybe give in to the alcohol cravings!
 Also did an acoustic performance of my music so had a few CDs on sale too!
 James Barnor from Ghana insisted I wear something from his country (didn't get to keep the scarf though!)

 Some tricky name spellings so had to concentrate.
 She's checking I'm the author!
Had a fantastic afternoon. Now back to the writing, rehearsing, and everything else!

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing time had by all at Boston Manor. I'm really pleased everything went well, Fran. I think the emotional turmoil is quite normal (not that I've experienced it all on such a grand scale - yet:)). The pictures are great. Wishing you every success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola. Maybe I'll conquer my nerves one day! All Bests:)

      Delete
  2. I wonder if it ever get easier? Not that I've had that pleasure yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure those more experienced writers must be used to it by now. It's a great feeling all the same so I'm not complaining!

    ReplyDelete