Thursday, 15 May 2014

The Next Big Chapter

Since the Holding Paradise book launch I've been in a daze. There was a big build up, I got very excited about the whole idea of being published and now I feel as though I've got nothing big to look forward to.



Is there anything bigger than having your first book published? Simple answer: getting your second book published! Of course. And that is my next big chapter.


Holding Paradise was published by a small publishing company. There are many benefits to be had by this but I read so many success stories in self-publishing that this time round that is the route I will be taking for subsequent publications.

I am looking forward to finding out more about self-publishing and everything I learn I will report back on for anyone, like me, who is learning.

As part of this self-publishing journey there are other aspects of my life that I need to set in motion. Namely:
  • Finding an agent
  • Earning money as a writer while writing the second novel
  • Completing my dissertation
  • Researching my second book
  • Publishing the collection of short stories that are a follow up to Holding Paradise
 So I really have my work cut out for me.

Join me as I take on all of the above while still trying to be a good wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend. I know it's not going to be easy but I hope it will be fun. It certainly is an exciting chapter and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Stop Press
Every Thursday I will be publishing a short story here in a series I will be calling The Thursday Short - short fiction on various topics that I hope you'll enjoy.
The first instalment starts next Thursday so don't forget to drop by and checkout a piece of short fiction from yours truly.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with you! When you I finally published my first book, I thought I had done the hardest part! But now I'm half way through the second one, and trying to promote the first one, and get on with the rest of my life... not an easy task! But I think it's fun, too! I look forward to reading your short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to fun/hard work! Remember to take rests when you need them. First Thursday Short this Thursday, hope you like it:)

    ReplyDelete