Friday, 25 April 2014

Holding Paradise - The Book Launch!

Welcome Everyone and thank you for coming to the on-line book launch for Holding Paradise!

I still haven't gotten tired of saying how excited and how proud I am and my cheeks are sore from all that grinning.

So, now I'll try to relax, pour myself some champagne and make my first announcement.

The winner of the Fiction Addiction Book Tour Cover Reveal question was Pat who answered on The Book Corner on 26th March. Hope you enjoy the book Pat and are able to drop in today!

My second announcement is that for this weekend only the Kindle Version of Holding Paradise is at a knock down price. For a UK Kindle copy please follow this link and for the US Kindle copy please follow this one.
Happy reading and please leave a review if you can.

Now, for your chance to win a free copy of Holding Paradise today:

All you have to do is tell me what your idea of paradise is. You can send a picture, write a poem or short story. Put a link in the comment box so we can all see your entry and comment. Link to your blog, Facebook page or Twitter and I'll check it out.

Here's my idea of paradise

Taken on the island of Dominica, it was my parents' 50th wedding anniversary and I'm with my husband, Pete, in this photo. It was a great holiday and most of the family flew out. Sadly two of our loved ones are no longer with us since then and I've dedicated Holding Paradise to both of them.

So - my party friends, get creative and I'll be catching up with you all - around the world and around the web!!

The winner will be announced after 9pm (GMT) so don't forget to come back and don't forget to drop in all the other guests to say hi!

My first book is finally published Yay!! and Cheers Everyone!

Here are Showbi's lovely photos taken in Sri Lanka


Thank you, Showbi xx

Enhanced by Zemanta

12 comments:

  1. That's my idea of paradise too!! Champagne's in the fridge. Love Pete.

    Come on people share your idea of paradise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's beautiful, Elizabeth. I want to go there - now. It's very grey and dark here in my part of London. I need to head for a location just like yours. Certainly paradise for me!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Fran! I couldn't be more proud! Can't wait to grab my copy off you and get stuck in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gurpreet. We'll have to hook up soon x

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Fran!

    Having enjoyed so many of your readings at our writing group, I know I'll enjoy Holding Paradise. So I've ordered my copy - can't wait to get stuck in!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cecilia. I hope you do enjoy it and look forward to your feedback and to see you soon! xx

      Delete
  5. Fran many congratulations my oldest and dearest friend.

    Attached are just a few of my photos of an idea of paradise.....I say ‘an idea of paradise’ because what is paradise really? Yes it’s a beautiful place, an peaceful scene and setting and I’ve captured that in many of my photos during my several travels to destinations far and wide which I have been very fortunate to do. But what is one person’s paradise is not another’s and of course vice versa. This little beautiful lady I met on a lovely beach in Sri Lanka touched me deeply and I still think of her. She worked hard on this beach everyday with a smile trying to earn a little for her family and granddaughter, whom I met. I have fond memories of them during the brief few days I was there. People passed her by, as happens I know in many countries, hurrying to enjoy their own bit of paradise, freedom and relaxation during their hard earned holiday . And don’t get me wrong - rightly so to enjoy the beautiful tranquillity of an idyllic location and not want to be harassed by ‘sellers’, but this lady didn’t do that. I approached her and during our conversations I learned of her ideas of paradise. We also talked of her struggles, fears, hopes and happiness. During this holiday I also read your lovely book ‘Holding Paradise’ and I was touched and reflected on how along with this dear lady selling her wares for her family’s better future, on a beach in a certain part of paradise, that no matter where you are, around the globe, ‘Paradise’, although it can be a location, it is also the same worldwide deep feeling, no matter where you are, and the holds the strong emotions I much felt in your book..........that of love, deep commitment to family and loved ones, a feeling if you are lucky enough to have you want to keep and hold.

    Best wishes to you
    Lots of Love, Showbi (also thrown out of same said A level English class)

    I've sent you my photos by email.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so deep, Showbi. Thanks for this I'll post the photos for you! x

      Delete
    2. I enjoyed your Book Launch Fran, glad to see you looking happy and so excited to have had your 1st book published. Well done and wishing lots of Good Luck with Holding Paradise......xx

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry not to have made it to your launch party, Fran - events and a pre-arranged writerly chin wag with my good friend BillieG meant I wasn't able to be here, but I'm thrilled to see 'Holding Paradise' on Amazon - and am very much looking forward to reading it! And what beautifully restful photographs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. No worries, Elaine and I hope you enjoy the read! :)

    ReplyDelete