Sunday, 9 February 2014

My Debut Novel Excitement

Books are published by the thousand each week (don't trust my unofficial figures - never was very good at them) and people rush to buy their favourite authors, books by authors with high profiles and fabulous authors that have won prizes.

But what if you are a début writer and no-one has ever heard of you - what then? Well I tell you what then - you work hard to get your profile up and running. Try to create an interest. I have to admit, that has not been my forte to date but I really must try. I recently read How to Party Online by Janice Horton. and it has inspired me a lot.

You see my début novel, Holding Paradise will be out very soon. In fact publication day is 17th March and I'm planning an on-line party to celebrate the launch on 25th April. I hope you can join me on your blog or on Twitter. Details will follow here soon but post a comment if you would like me to come back to you with the party details personally.


I've been putting together a book trailer and views of the Caribbean and paradise beaches will feature in not only the trailer but the book cover too (what a give away)! It goes without saying that my book will take you to the Caribbean though it is mainly set in London, we'll pop to New York too.

I'll also be giving away a free copy so just as a heads up, start thinking about what your idea of paradise is!

And while I know this may not be an amazing attraction - I'm not famous, I haven't won a prize but I tried to write the best book I could. That's got to be worth something, right?

Happy Writing - and Reading folks!
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the debut, Fran. I have found twitter to be a good way of building a profile. Takes a while though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - but I'm guilty of not keeping up to date, so I suppose it will take even longer to build:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Fran!!! It must feel wonderful to have reached your goal. Good luck with all the details. Lots to do I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sharon! Yes it does feel wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS! That is an amazing achievement, well done c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - hope you can join me at the online book launch! x

      Delete