Thursday, 10 October 2013

Author Interview - JamieLynn Boothe

Women's Fiction (although some may hate the term) is not restricted to female writers. I have pleasure in introducing JamieLynn Boothe who will talk to us today about The Journey and Nightmares and Dreams which both fit the genre.







What was the thing that influenced you to start writing? 

Becoming a writer is something I have dreamed about ever since I was a teenager. I went through life for many, many years not following my dream because of personal hardships. Without saying exactly what it was I will say that I was unable to do what I feel I was born to do because of what was happening in my life for so long. However, my life has changed for the better over the past few years and I am now working on my dream as hard as I can. Because of my life experiences and the places and things I have seen I am able to write about things close to my heart. I love writing about romance, women who show their tender side but their strengths as well. Nightmares and Dreams was difficult to write because of what the main character had to go through, but it was beautiful to write about her outcome and personality. Also I have always been a serious reader and I love reading Nicholas Sparks and Dean Koontz and Tiffany Carmouche’s work as well as a few others.

Tell me your success stories in terms of publishing/self publishing? 

I haven’t reached the financial success as of yet, but the fact that I achieved my dream as far as being a published author is very rewarding for me spiritually and emotionally. I hear great things from some that have read my work and that in itself is very beautiful to hear.

What are your top writing tips for any aspiring writer? 

Never give up and write daily. Even if you only write 100 words, write. Do something for your book that you are writing. If it’s research, writing a synopsis, an outline or just writing out one small paragraph, then do it. Everyday do something for it.

What are you working on now? 

I am currently working on the sequel to The Journey.

What do you draw on for inspiration? 

Life itself and others in my life, past or present.

Please tell me anything else you'd like the reader to know about you. 

Well honestly I’m not sure what to say on that one. I’m a laid back guy who is easy-going. I love movies, reading, music, art, cats, friendship and true love. Currently however I am single. I know that life can be hard at times but I have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and take it One Day At A Time. For me I love the small things, especially in relationships. I also firmly believe that actions speak louder than words.

Thank you JamieLynn



















To find out more about JamieLynn please click here

To purchase JamieLynn's books please click here or here



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment