Friday, 10 May 2013

Featured Author - Melanie Schulz

During the month of April I took part in the A-Z April Challenge and met a world of new bloggers writing about several different topics and with a myriad of interests. I met quite a few writers, like me, along the way and one of them is my featured author for today - Melanie Schulz.

Melanie was kind enough to answer some of my questions:

What was the thing that influenced you to start writing?
 
I just got done finishing a really good series that had me pretty emotionally charged. That was part of it, but the rest was I was out nature journaling one day and just started. I have no idea why.

Tell me your success stories in terms of publishing/self publishing?
 
The Newstead Project is my debut novel, so I guess the success is still up in the air. I love the book and the characters, so I guess that alone makes it successful.

What are your top writing tips for any aspiring writer?
 
Don’t hold back. I didn’t realize how much I was doing that until I went with Black and White Publishing. That first revision showed me how much I was holding back, afraid that if I wrote some things that maybe I wouldn’t get published.

What are you working on now?
 
I should be getting The Bashan Agenda (book 2 in the Newstead Trilogy) back any day now from my editor. Until then I’m revising The Revenge of the Rephaim; which is book 3 in the trilogy.

What do you draw on for inspiration?
 
For these books, I did an in-depth study of the Holocaust.

Please tell me anything else you'd like the reader to know about you.
 
I’m not a polished writer as some would see writers. I’m a storyteller and I had a story to tell.
 
Thank you Melanie
 
To find out more about Melanie Schulz just click here!
The Newstead Project is available on Amazon and on Amazon Kindle
 
 

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a writer, well beyond writing blogs, and I have 5 of those, so guess I write quite a bit; but not for publication per sey. Making my rounds through the roadtrip linky. I must be one of the minority who visited blogs right up or down the list and didn't just visit blogs of the same genre. I like variety. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trilogy touches on a difficult subject. I visited the Holocaust Museum in DC last year... I'm glad writers are still bringing this terrible event in history to light. Good luck on the revision!

    ReplyDelete