Friday, 26 April 2013

Writing Can Be Bad For Your Health!

The A-Z April Challenge is almost over and I'm Weary. As if writing a book wasn't enough of a challenge. Well I'm never one to do anything by halves and I have to say I have really enjoyed the challenge. But noticed how stiff and tired I was becoming from all the posting, reading blogs and keeping up with the novel (not to mention all the other stuff that goes in my world).

I thought this might be a good time to remind the many people who spend hours at a computer or laptop that we have to watch our health. It's so easy to forget sometimes.


Enhanced by Zemanta

9 comments:

  1. Hello, Fran! You are so right. It's important to exercise and eat healthy meals and snacks. We have to keep our brains as healthy as possible so our imagination and cleverness stay sharp!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. (The narrator of this video would hate the way I sit at my computer.) ;P

    --Hi! Great to meet you, and I'm glad you've survived to the near-end. So many of us have bombed out along the way. I wonder if this is any indicator of likelihood of success? Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I'm weary too, I call it atozfatigue.

    Popped by from Arlee's AtoZ post.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great posts on writing!
    my crit partner is invaluable! a true friend like no other!
    and since writing, i need a back pillow & a wrist brace! it could also be i am getting older & falling apart!

    happy a to z!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I've done the challenge and doing my historical theme has really helped in my wip writing since it's ...guess what? The very same historical period. :-) http://nancyjardine.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/quern-nose-to-grindstone.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Fran,

    Nice to meet you. Sitting at a computer for long periods is definitely bad for our health. I need to get back on the exercise wagon. Also getting tired too. Enjoyed the Challenge, but it does take a toll.


    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I do believe with the added time needed to do the A-Z Challenge, I may have become permanently attached to my couch - where I do all of my writing

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mean sprawled on my sofa with a laptop isn't the ideal? Drat! I'm going to have to rethink this!

    Thanks for the reminders--you're so right about the importance of watching out for our own health.

    ReplyDelete