No-one likes to receive a rejection letter. And whilst the chances are high that quite a few will land on your door mat before you get that agent or publishing deal, here are a list of things I will do to make sure I stand a chance of someone looking at my manuscript.
- Have my submission proof read/edited/had a report by a literary consultant
- Seek out agents/publishers actively looking for books in my genre
- Did some research on by target audience
- Read lots of novels by authors who write in my genre
- Not submit any more or less than the agent/publisher has asked for