Saturday, 20 April 2013

Music To Inspire The Writer In You

Rejuvenated is how I felt today when I put my music before my writing. I noticed there was a definite imbalance when it came to my creative pursuits. If you've just discovered my blog then you won't know that I am a singer-songwriter as well as a fiction writer.

The two go well together, but I've neglected the musician in me for too long. So today I worked on a song. In my first novel Holding Paradise one of my characters is a singer-songwriter (funny that) and I've written a part of her song in my novel. I decided a while ago that I would record an acoustic version of her song, so today was the day to complete the lyrics. Then I worked on chord progressions and then an arrangement. Tomorrow I will sing my ideas to my husband and music partner so that he can improve on my chord choices and help me get the music together.

It won't stop me completing my 1000 words of novel writing . Like I said the music has rejuvenated me and I'm rearing to go.

What do you do to keep you writing? A long walk in the country? Open water swimming. I'd love to know...

4 comments:

  1. You have an amazing voice!! Thank you for sharing with us! WOW!! I'm headed back to listen again!
    Connie
    A to Z-ing to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by and thanks Connie - looking forward to checking out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the music! And you are right, we all have to find those things that rejuvenate us. Several things can lift me up and get me going -- lots of personal interactions are on the list!

    If you want a different look at the world, check out my A to Z about agriculture! http://janiceperson.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound great! You are definitely very talented. :)

    Just dropping by via the A to Z Challenge

    http://bameslive.com

    ReplyDelete