Friday, 11 January 2013

Favourite Places To Write

Is there a place, it could be your office, bedroom, a coffee bar, where you get the best out of your writing?

Mine is my office. My desk overlooks a window and, depending on the season, I'm looking onto trees, a lawn and a few flats in the distance. Every now and then a person may walk by. This is the place where I can get my head down and really go for it and the ideal spot for me to edit my work and pieces for other people. Second place is my bed. Not ideal, I'm told, if you're an insomniac, as my bed should remain solely for the purposes of love making or sleep if I'm ever going to beat the insomnia that has plagued me for over 10  years. But I digress.

This weekend I'm away from home and I'm taking my laptop with me so that I can continue to write. I'm just wondering if I can do it. Can I focus and concentrate somewhere else? The proof of the pudding is in the eating, they say.

I never set a time limit or number of words I want to achieve per day or week. My way is just to go for it whenever the need takes me and if I don't have my laptop handy I make sure I have notebook tucked away somewhere. I have been known to jot things down on a car park ticket before now.

The challenge awaits. Let's see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment